Monday, November 16, 2009

Canyon Lake

I'm hanging out at Canyon Lake this week. I'm currently at the itty-bitty library in Sattler, TX (south of Canyon dam) checking emails. Have my computer but no internet access where I'm staying.

So far I've eaten at the Grist Mill in Gruene, which can't exactly be categorized as a diner, drive-in or dive, but is one of my favorite places to eat (beef tenderloin sandwich with a half-order of onion rings makes me smile everytime), Lucky's and their sister location, Lucky Sailor, right down at the marina. More to come.

Will stay in touch but I'll have to make my formal posts later. The weather is beautiful today, windy as hell but so what...at least it feels like fall. Actually I don't picture hell as being windy...

2 comments:

  1. Good onion rings are hard to come by. Most are fresh from the freezer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anonymous,
    Thanks for stopping by. I agree wholeheartedly about the onion rings. I've been pleasantly surprised at some of the most unlikely places and gheez-give-me-a-break at places I would have sworn wouldn't do something like throw frozen rings in the fryer.

    Have you found a favorite onion ring place? We could begin our own "Texas Trails."

    ReplyDelete