Thursday, November 11, 2010

Skinny Bitch

Okay, I'm up in the Hill Country for a few days and picked up the book Skinny Bitch last week because I thought it would be interesting reading. Started out talking about artificial sweeteners (bad), refined sugars (bad), carbs (not all bad), etc.

Then, I got to the chapter on the meat industry. Thought I'd skip past but a caption said, "if the animals have to go through it the least you can do is read this." I did and I was totally (and I mean TOTALLY) disgusted. Had nightmares, the whole bit.

Rich called the next morning on his way to work and I grossed him out so bad he said he was glad he had arrived at work and would be able to click his phone shut. Those weren't his exact words but I got the point.

So, if you're even contemplating becoming a vegan/vegetarian, I suggest getting the book. Otherwise, skip the chapter...or the book altogether.

4 comments:

  1. Nothing like a good steak on a Friday/Saturday night with family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happened every Friday night at my house when I was growing up. Still brings back very fond memories. And today? Doesn't even have to be Friday. Or Saturday...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charcoal, not gas, for cooking

    ReplyDelete