Saturday, September 10, 2011

Houston - The Burger Shack

Rich and I are big on Groupons these days. That's how I learned about The Burger Shack on I-10 between Bingle and Wirt (north side). The menu sports 10 different burgers with lots of extras to add. I would have loved to try the BLEU Cheeseburger (think I'll have to go back), but the Groupon offer got us 2 cheeseburgers, 2 orders of homemade fries and 2 drinks.

On a rating scale, I'd give it an 8. (Note: I reserve the remaining 2 points for spectacular, outasight, over-the top delicious). The cheeseburger was a good, decent, juicy burger. The fries are hand-cut. I would probably have given then another dunk in the deep-fryer for more crispiness (is that a word?).

The Burger Shack also offers Shack Salads, Shack Dawgs, "Teasers", Fish Meals (just noticed the shrimp poboy on the menu:), Kids Meals and hand-dipped Blue Bell (for non-Texans, Blue Bell is ice cream). Also serves breakfast (dang, no biscuits and gravy:)

The walls are lined with nation-wide license plates, neon signs, as well as community, college and professional sports memorabilia. A fun place to visit and have a really good burger.

The Burger Shack Grill
8412 Katy Freeway, #310
Houston, TX 77024
713-461-7900


www.BurgerShackTexas.com
Facebook - BurgerShackTexas
Twitter - TheBurgerShack

No comments:

Post a Comment