Thursday, September 10, 2009

About Blogging

Funny thing about blogs (I compare my learning curve to the Sam Houston Tollway) is that one needs to write, ie blog. I need to see what Webster has to say about the word "blog" or maybe better yet, the origin. I've never been fond of the word, however, it's starting to grow on me.

Since I started Texas Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives I've spent a large chunk of time trying to learn about blogs instead of writing. How do I get Google Blog Search to recognize my blog? How do I get people to follow/read? Where do people go when they can't remember how to find the blog (have already had that question asked). I have few answers to these questions except an inkling to the one about people following/reading the blog. It's a voice that's coming into its own and is speaking louder everyday. Today it yelled, "JUST DO IT!" I thought I heard the word "DUMMY" after the "just do it" but it could have been my imagination.

My husband, Rich, told me several weeks ago to just jump in and see what happens. Rich is a jumper-in-er. Me? Not so much. I want to know how deep's the water, what's the temperature, where's the bottom, what's on the bottom, is there anything in there that might hurt/bite/sting, etc. You get the picture...

Rich has been kind enough to not bug me about it. My alter-ego, on the other hand, has been a total B*^ch lately. So, today is the day I'm going to send out the invite. People can't follow unless they know about it...dummy (my word). I'll keep posting and will still try to find the answers to my questions about the ins and outs of b-l-o-g-g-i-n-g.

Cheers for now.

4 comments:

  1. My new grandson is a little diner on mother's milk. You can't get any better than that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give that little diner a hug for me. Congratulations Carline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terry - I love your sense of humor. Your blog is a good lesson for me. I too am all about testing the water, analyzing everything until it's nice and overdone. I'll remember Just Do It!!

    Look forward to your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, I'm so glad you "get" my humor:)
    Crazy stuff is always running around in my head and the time has come to put it on paper, as they'd say in the old days. Today it's more like...put it on a blog.
    More posts are to come. Stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete